Children Summer Program Assistant (Summer contract position)
Westside Baptist Church is hiring TWO 40 hours/week Children Summer Program Assistants. This is a May 5 to August 22, 2014 (16 weeks) contract-based position. Funding for this position is subsidized by the “Canada Summer Jobs” program. Candidates please send cover letter and resume (with 2 reference contacts) to:
Attn: Pastor Alan Yu 8506 Ash Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 3M2
Tel: 604.266.5602 / Fax: 604.266.5603 / E-mail: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Submitted resumes will not be returned.
- be between 15 AND 30 YEARS OF AGE at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a fulltime basis in the next academic year;
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and,
- be able to provide a certified criminal record check.
- Assist in planning, promoting and leading 8 weeks of full-day summer programs for children from preschool to grade 3, possibly with ethnic Chinese background.
- Basic computer system, office applications and internet operation
- Keyboard skills: English & Chinese
- Language: fluent in spoken and written English and Cantonese; preferably also in Mandarin
- Skills and experiences working with young children
- Good interpersonal skills and willing to work in a team.
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated, willing to learn, and attention to detail